Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
By completing this course of study, you will gain a solid general knowledge of the theory, composition and implementation of a Lean Six Sigma initiative. You will also become proficient in all of the basic analytical tools necessary to Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control Lean Six Sigma improvement projects, with the exception of design and analysis of experiments. You will learn team leadership and project management skills. In short, as a Green Belt you will master the skills necessary to lead a complex process improvement project that produces bottom-line results.
The objective of this course is to develop a comprehensive set of skills that will let you function effectively as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. You will learn the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge, practice techniques for both quantitative and non-quantitative analysis, and gain the team leadership skills necessary to get projects across the goal line.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Think about your organization as a collection of processes, with inputs that determine the output.
- Relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
- Use the concept of a Sigma Level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization.
- Understand and apply the five step DMAIC model as a framework to organize process improvement activity.
- Employ a wide range of process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model.
- Recognize the organizational factors that are necessary groundwork for a successful Lean Six Sigma effort.
- Employ your Six Sigma skills to lead a successful process improvement project delivering meaningful results to the organization.
This course consists of multiple sessions, each of which is a collection of related lessons. Individual lessons also include simulations, toolsets and interactive practice exercises. Each session ends with an interactive quiz to test your knowledge. The course is presented in a logical sequence to follow the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement process.
We believe that you will learn most efficiently by following the sequence presented. In particular, the first session presents an overview of Six Sigma, which will be helpful to put the remaining sessions in the proper context. On every page, you have access to a variety of helpful learning tools, from an online encyclopedia to a notes tab to support links. You can use the course navigation map to move through the course in a linear fashion or you can skip around and explore topics as you see fit.
- All course content is presented online, in an on-demand format. You simply login through the Air Academy University learning portal.
- You will learn the DMAIC methodology through numerous case studies and examples drawn from Service, Business Process, and Manufacturing applications.
- Coursework includes Lean enterprise topics such as value stream mapping, continuous flow, line balancing, and others.
- With a heavy practice orientation, as much as half of your time will be spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments.
How long does Green Belt training take?
You have 365 days to complete the course, which represents about 80 hours of training materials, not including any external project work you may include.
Cost of Registration Includes:
- Access to online learning modules for one year
- Single-user, perpetual license of SPC XL statistical software
- Up to two hours of one-on-one remote coaching with Air Academy MBB
- Certification costs to include
- end of course online exam
- project review