The online Kaizen Leader course develops skills needed to effectively plan and lead a Kaizen Event, i.e., a series of process improvement activities intended to extend over a period of 3-5 days. The course provides a flexible framework for planning, executing and reporting Kaizen activities. The course content includes essential lean tools and techniques to identify and eliminate process waste including value stream mapping, continuous flow, takt time, kaizen, line balancing, quick changeover, and 5-S, among others.
This course consists of six sessions, each of which is a collection of related lessons, covering Kaizen activities structured in a 5-day Kaizen framework. Individual lessons include simulations, toolsets and interactive practice exercises. Each session ends with an interactive quiz to test your knowledge.
- Session 1 provides an overview of Kaizen and Kaizen Leadership, Lean Methods, background, and integration of Lean within the Six Sigma improvement process (DMAIC).
- Session 2 covers Pre-Event Planning, including lessons on team formation and dynamics, as well as keys to successful project execution.
- Session 3 includes lessons on how to develop and apply specific Lean tools and methods to describe the current state of the process under study.
- Session 4 covers tools and techniques to identify root causes of process problems and possible solutions.
- Session 5 offers principles and possible tools for implementing change(s).
- Session 6 concludes the course with lessons on closing out the project and locking in gains.
Each lesson is devoted to one of a variety of helpful learning tools, and includes access to supplemental resources, from an online encyclopedia to a notes tab to support links. The interactive exercises, varied examples, session quizzes and rigorous practice exercises throughout the course will provide you with abundant challenge, testing your knowledge and building your skills.